What are some reactions we have when facing a problem?
What do these emotions all have in common?
Have you ever had a problem where someone offered a solution and you became even more frustrated? Why?
Steps to Effectively Solve Problems:
- Remove emotion, get to the heart of the problem
- Ask clarifying and relevant questions
- Listen Actively
- Collaborate toward a solutio
- The power is not in what you tell people, but in what you ask…
- Discovery learning: People are more likely to accept things that they discover for themselves.
- No one cares what you know until they know you care…
- The larger the problem you are willing to solve the more respect and opportunity you will receive
- Listening without distractions can allow people to solve their own problem and also can reveal the real problem.
- Avoid the Blame Game, be accountable, accept responsibility and work toward solutions.
- We don’t get a prize for being right!